Participate in the Inventor’s Challenge
We designed the Inventor’s Challenge to provide an opportunity for kids, both in and outside of school, to engage in a creative process that both fosters 21st century skills and is rewarding and fun.
Creating and Submitting Your Video
Here are instructions for how to create and submit a video for the contest portion of the Inventor’s Challenge. All videos will be featured on Imagination.org’s YouTube Channel!
• Choose one invention you want to showcase in each video
• What to include in your video:
• What’s the name of your invention?
• What problem does it solve?
• What does your invention do?
• What inspired you to create your invention?
• Who does your invention help?
• Did you run into any challenges? How did you overcome them?
• Share your ideas, sketches, and prototypes.
• Set the video in a quiet location with good lighting and a non-distracting background
• Mention the Inventor’s Challenge, Imagination.org and AT&T Aspire in your video
• Video must be your own original work
• You will receive a link to a form to complete, IF you have registered at inventorschallenge.org
• Children and other legal dependents of current AT&T employees are not eligible for any prizes.
All videos will be judged based on the following criteria: originality, level of inspiration and overall creativity. Judging will be conducted by a panel of Imagination and Two Bit Circus Foundation employees. The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick a winner for each category.
Usefulness: Entries should be clearly inspired by an interest in solving a problem identified locally or in one’s immediate community. Judges will look for inventions that demonstrate the potential to make a positive difference in the lives of others. The intent behind the design and the benefit of using the invention should be detailed in the video.